Thursday, June 24, 2010

Whats this?? A stock pick?

Yes, I know I am normally against buying newbies due to the fact that often causes them to suffer a 'newbie bump and dump'.  In the past, just someone high profile (aka not me) posting a blog about buying someone would be enough to send their price skyrocketing (artificially, of course).  Since none of the investors were in it for the long haul, as 1 or 2 people start to sell, everyone follows and the person is drops back down.  But in the past couple weeks, investments on EmpireAve have been more diverse, and I hold out a lot of hope that some of the recent changes to market markers will significantly reduce the 'Newbie Bump and Dump'.

In light of all that, my stock pick is not a newbie at all, rather is a bit expensive.  However, I think it is a well-rounded pick, as this company/website site looks like it will go up in the next couple days, but also highly likely to return very good dividends if you choose to buy and hold.

My stock pick for today, June 24, is Alzheimer's Reading Room (e)ARR http://www.empireavenue.com/ARR


FYI: I bought in at 26.798 (yes, its that darn expensive, but its a safe (enough) investment even for you.  I'm also going to post what my returns were, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment