Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Advertisements - Clicks per Pageview

I'm sure at this point, everyone has seen that with the 'Chilean Invasion' the number of highly active people on the Empire Avenue website has risen dramatically.  As a result, the advertisements you post are going to run through pageviews at a much much faster rate.  Also, most people have seen the number of click-throughs per 100 pageviews go down considerably as well.  Why?  I know that anytime I see a long advertisement in Spanish, I don't even bother to try and go translate it anymore.  The longer the advertisement, the more of the content is lost on me in translation.  I would imagine it's even worse for Chileans, as Google Translate is a bit better at going from Spanish -> English than from English -> Spanish.  Also, many of the people joining the site from Chile are extremely active, they buy and post shouts constantly.  I know that personally, any time I am on the Empire Avenue website, I am either casually browsing around, or I am trying to finish a task.  Unless an advertisement REALLY stands out, chances are good that I won't click it if I am busy with something.